Emotions ran high as Brazil won its first-ever Olympic gold medal for men’s soccer Saturday.
His goal sparked tears of joy from himself, his teammates, fans and people all across the world.
It was sweet revenge against a German side who shamed the Brazilians at their own World Cup in 2014 with a crushing 7-1 semifinal defeat.
As Rio de Janeiro’s Maracana stadium and the city as a whole erupted in joy after Neymar’s goal, hundreds of Twitter users marked the historic moment online with many revealing they’d also shed tears of happiness at the host nation’s win.
Here are some of the best posts we’ve seen:
For more Olympics coverage:
- Snake Catching Makes Its Olympic Debut At Rio 2016
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- Amorous Couple Interrupts BBC’s Live Olympic Coverage
- Usain Bolt Is Just Too Flippin’ Quick For This Flipbook Artist
- Chinese Diver Pops The Question In Olympically Romantic Proposal
- Athlete Bows Out Of Rio 2016 With Olympic-Sized McDonald’s Meal